Cottonwood Public Library COVID-19 Update
Due to Mayoral Proclamation, and to help stop the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Cottonwood Public Library is requiring patrons who enter the library wear a mask that covers both the mouth and nose while inside and when not able to maintain a minimum of 6ft of distance from other people.
Beginning Monday, June 29, the Cottonwood Public Library will increase hours of operation to Monday – Friday between 9:00 am – 6:00 pm and Saturdays from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm, while continuing curbside pickup for those who prefer not to enter the building. The library is also reinstating a limited number of public-use computers. Library patrons can continue to utilize free digital services with a library card. Library card registration is now open online.
For the health of all of our patrons, the library will ask that everyone unable to maintain six feet of social distancing wear a mask while in the library.
We want to do our best to make the Library safe and welcoming to all. The Yavapai County Community Health Services and the Centers for Disease Control recommend:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Practice social distancing. Try to keep an optimal six-foot distance from other people.
How you can remotely access the Library:
Remember, the Library has many digital services available to you, free with your library card:
- Overdrive - thousands of popular ebooks and downloadable audiobooks
- RBdigital - over 130 popular and specialty magazines, as well as downloadable audiobooks.
- Kanopy - "thoughtful entertainment" video streaming, with over 30,000 films.
- Universal Class - over 500 online courses, including continuing education classes.
- As well as many other informational resources.
Additional sources of information:
Center for Disease Control and Prevention coronavirus website